Citroen UK in Universal Music pop video deal
Citroen UK has struck an innovative deal with Universal Music to supply cars for the record label's female pop stars' music videos.
Citroen DS3 Racing car: featured in Pixie Lott's music video of 'What do you take me for?'
The car brand's comms director Marc Raven claimed that the ongoing product placement deal was the first of its kind in the motoring industry, adding that it was a great way for the brand to promote itself to females, particularly 18- to 35-year-olds.
'The main opportunities for us in women's magazines are advertorials or advertising. This way is more dynamic. It puts the artist with the car, but it does not look like a gratuitous piece of product placement,' he said.
A Citroen car will appear in six videos over the next 12 months.
The first will be girl band The Saturdays' new video, which is due to launch in the next couple of weeks.
Citroen is planning a year-long campaign around the launch dates.
In September 2010, Citroen placed its DS3 supermini in Pixie Lott's music video for Broken Arrow in a one-off deal.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...