Citroen UK in Universal Music pop video deal
Citroen UK has struck an innovative deal with Universal Music to supply cars for the record label's female pop stars' music videos.
Citroen DS3 Racing car: featured in Pixie Lott's music video of 'What do you take me for?'
The car brand's comms director Marc Raven claimed that the ongoing product placement deal was the first of its kind in the motoring industry, adding that it was a great way for the brand to promote itself to females, particularly 18- to 35-year-olds.
'The main opportunities for us in women's magazines are advertorials or advertising. This way is more dynamic. It puts the artist with the car, but it does not look like a gratuitous piece of product placement,' he said.
A Citroen car will appear in six videos over the next 12 months.
The first will be girl band The Saturdays' new video, which is due to launch in the next couple of weeks.
Citroen is planning a year-long campaign around the launch dates.
In September 2010, Citroen placed its DS3 supermini in Pixie Lott's music video for Broken Arrow in a one-off deal.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager - Leading Entertainment Company f1 Recruitment £40,000, Central London
- Digital Account Manager - Leading experience design agency. Zebra People £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- .Net Developer - Agency Role - ASP.Net, .Net 4.0, CMS, Umbraco Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Freelance Account Manager for award winning integrated agency! Zebra People £180 - £220 per day, East London