Hackney's Polly Rance promoted to comms chief
Hackney Council has filled its newly created top comms and consultation role, as it reveals it has achieved cuts of 40 per cent to its PR funding.
Polly Rance: new comms head
The council has promoted head of media and external relations Polly Rance to a new role of head of comms and consultation.
The role replaces the assistant chief executive for comms job, previously held by Carl Welham in an interim capacity.
The council has achieved cuts of 40 per cent over the past three financial years, culminating in a restructure that takes effect from 1 April. This has partly been achieved by making redundancies, most of which have been voluntary.
Rance said: 'Hackney has suffered cuts to its central government grants and it is right that we should shape our service in line with the administration's priority, which is to protect frontline services for residents.'
Rance added that the council faced more pressure with the forthcoming London 2012.
The restructure has focused on the core needs of the organisation, by reducing senior management costs and amalgamating teams to create newly integrated functions. Welham's role is being made obsolete from 31 March, although he will be staying with the authority in a business development role outside comms.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...