Barclays appoints former BSkyB executive Brent as top UK retail bank marketer
Barclays has hired Andy Brent, former BSkyB marketing director, as its marketing and customer director for its UK retail and business banking (RBB) division.
Barclays: Andy Brent becomes UK retail marketing chief
Brent will join the high-street bank later this month from GreenBottle where, for the past 18 months, he has been the biodegradable bottle company's managing director.
Prior to GreenBottle, Brent spent a year as group brand marketing director at BSkyB. He has previously held senior marketing roles at Burger King, Procter & Gamble, Boots and the Department of Health.
He replaces Vivek Ram, chief marketing and customer officer, who left the business a few weeks ago. It is unknown whether he has a job to go to.
Brent reports into Mark Parsons, UK RBB deputy chief executive, and will lead the RBB customer and marketing team. He will also sit on the UK RBB Executive Committee.
Brent's role is not a like-for-like replacement for Ram's and does not include premier banking, which has moved to a different product segment.
His appointment comes amid an ongoing reorganisation of the marketing function as the newly installed chief executive Ashok Vaswani sets up his strategy for the business.
This year, Barclays' marketing will be focused on its new Pingit transactional mobile app, which requires no more than a mobile number to transfer funds.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...