Barclays appoints former BSkyB executive Brent as top UK retail bank marketer
Barclays has hired Andy Brent, former BSkyB marketing director, as its marketing and customer director for its UK retail and business banking (RBB) division.
Barclays: Andy Brent becomes UK retail marketing chief
Brent will join the high-street bank later this month from GreenBottle where, for the past 18 months, he has been the biodegradable bottle company's managing director.
Prior to GreenBottle, Brent spent a year as group brand marketing director at BSkyB. He has previously held senior marketing roles at Burger King, Procter & Gamble, Boots and the Department of Health.
He replaces Vivek Ram, chief marketing and customer officer, who left the business a few weeks ago. It is unknown whether he has a job to go to.
Brent reports into Mark Parsons, UK RBB deputy chief executive, and will lead the RBB customer and marketing team. He will also sit on the UK RBB Executive Committee.
Brent's role is not a like-for-like replacement for Ram's and does not include premier banking, which has moved to a different product segment.
His appointment comes amid an ongoing reorganisation of the marketing function as the newly installed chief executive Ashok Vaswani sets up his strategy for the business.
This year, Barclays' marketing will be focused on its new Pingit transactional mobile app, which requires no more than a mobile number to transfer funds.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer CitNOW £25,000-£35 000pa, Wokingham, Berkshire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...