McCann London appoints executive creative directors
McCann London has ended its long search for creative leadership with the appointment of Wieden & Kennedy's Rob Doubal and Lolly Thomson as its executive creative directors.
McCann London: Karlsson, Doubal, Macdonald and Thomson
Doubal and Thomson, who will report to Linus Karlsson, the chairman and chief creative officer of McCann New York and London, fill a vacancy that has been open since November 2010.
The pair have been creative directors at W&K since 2010, working on Nokia, Nestea and, most recently, the Brown-Forman Maximus Vodka pitch.
Doubal and Thomson join McCann London’s management team alongside the chief executive, Chris Macdonald, and chief strategy officer, Nikki Crumpton.
Before W&K, Doubal and Thomson worked together at Mother London, where they created award-winning Orange Gold Spots starring Snoop Dogg and Rob Lowe and Coca-Cola’s "yeah yeah yeah la la la" ad.
Karlsson said: "Rob and Lolly are not only great and inspiring creative leaders but also two of the most imaginative, surprising and thoughtful people I know."
Macdonald added: "Rob and Lolly’s creative track record and unwavering focus on craft skills make them natural creative leaders."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- Marketing Campaign Manager - 6 Mth Contract to Perm Salt £35000 - £37500 per annum, Farnborough
- Campaign Manager Direct Recruitment £45,000 + Bens, London
- Senior Manager- Analysis & Insight Direct Recruitment £50,000 + bens, Cambridgeshire
- Creative Team Apple & Ink £35-£45,000 , London