McCann London appoints executive creative directors
McCann London has ended its long search for creative leadership with the appointment of Wieden & Kennedy's Rob Doubal and Lolly Thomson as its executive creative directors.
McCann London: Karlsson, Doubal, Macdonald and Thomson
Doubal and Thomson, who will report to Linus Karlsson, the chairman and chief creative officer of McCann New York and London, fill a vacancy that has been open since November 2010.
The pair have been creative directors at W&K since 2010, working on Nokia, Nestea and, most recently, the Brown-Forman Maximus Vodka pitch.
Doubal and Thomson join McCann London’s management team alongside the chief executive, Chris Macdonald, and chief strategy officer, Nikki Crumpton.
Before W&K, Doubal and Thomson worked together at Mother London, where they created award-winning Orange Gold Spots starring Snoop Dogg and Rob Lowe and Coca-Cola’s "yeah yeah yeah la la la" ad.
Karlsson said: "Rob and Lolly are not only great and inspiring creative leaders but also two of the most imaginative, surprising and thoughtful people I know."
Macdonald added: "Rob and Lolly’s creative track record and unwavering focus on craft skills make them natural creative leaders."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire