McCann London appoints executive creative directors
McCann London has ended its long search for creative leadership with the appointment of Wieden & Kennedy's Rob Doubal and Lolly Thomson as its executive creative directors.
McCann London: Karlsson, Doubal, Macdonald and Thomson
Doubal and Thomson, who will report to Linus Karlsson, the chairman and chief creative officer of McCann New York and London, fill a vacancy that has been open since November 2010.
The pair have been creative directors at W&K since 2010, working on Nokia, Nestea and, most recently, the Brown-Forman Maximus Vodka pitch.
Doubal and Thomson join McCann London’s management team alongside the chief executive, Chris Macdonald, and chief strategy officer, Nikki Crumpton.
Before W&K, Doubal and Thomson worked together at Mother London, where they created award-winning Orange Gold Spots starring Snoop Dogg and Rob Lowe and Coca-Cola’s "yeah yeah yeah la la la" ad.
Karlsson said: "Rob and Lolly are not only great and inspiring creative leaders but also two of the most imaginative, surprising and thoughtful people I know."
Macdonald added: "Rob and Lolly’s creative track record and unwavering focus on craft skills make them natural creative leaders."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Analytics Manager | 3 months Contract Salt £350 - £450 per day, City of London
- Senior Account Manager or Account Director - Branding & Design Royds Raphael £220-£280 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)