Shell in hunt for agency to work on global ad projects
Shell is looking to appoint an additional boutique advertising agency to work alongside its long-standing global incumbent, JWT, on its £150 million creative business.
Shell: compiling a shortlist of agencies from around the world
The agency would be expected to work on ad hoc global projects. It is understood that Shell is in the process of drawing up a shortlist of creative hotshops from around the world, including the UK, to pitch for the account.
Shell is one of JWT’s flagship global accounts. In June 2010, the agency produced a TV and press ad campaign called "let’s go" that coincided with a catastrophic oil spill in the US for which BP was blamed. The ad invited consumers to come with Shell into a better energy future.
A more recent JWT campaign, in March last year, for Shell FuelSave incurred the wrath of the Advertising Standards Authority, which found that it misled drivers into thinking they could save up to one litre a tank.
In January, Shell announced a review of its estimated £150 million global media account. The business is currently split between the two WPP agencies MediaCom and Maxus, with the former handling the £7 million UK business.
Shell confirmed it is considering adding agencies to the roster.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...