Strategy meetings for the News International review took place earlier this week. The WPP ad agencies competing, alongside their respective WPP direct and media partner agencies, will go through tissue meetings next week, with a pitch scheduled for 27 March.
The competing agencies on the BT Business pitch are, erm, hanging by the telephone for news. A result on the pitch, which was handled by AAR, is expected next week. HMDG, Now, Ogilvy and TBWA\London were involved in the process.
The pitch for Macmillan Cancer Support looks like a particularly tight run thing, with two competing agencies – VCCP and Creature London – invited back to another round of pitches tomorrow (Friday). M&C Saatchi has been eliminated from the Oystercatchers-managed process that started in November last year.
In contrast, the pitch for the Tesco-owned video-on-demand service Blinkbox moves apace, with invited agencies presenting their wares at the end of the month. Again, Oystercatchers is the intermediary involved.
And a final piece of news on another Oystercatchers-managed pitch – that for McLaren. It is understood that The Brooklyn Brothers and VCCP are down to the final two.
Meanwhile, cynical observers with time on their hands wonder whether the investment deal signed between France Telecom-Orange and Publicis Groupe this week might help Publicis Chemistry’s chances in the current UK Everything Everywhere review of its direct marketing arrangements. Publicis Chemistry works for Orange, part of the Everything Everywhere venture with T-Mobile, but all the work is up for grabs.
On the media front, Sony Music Entertainment is in the process of holding chemistry meetings with a longlist of agencies including MEC, Carat, the7-stars, Arena Media, UM London, Starcom and Mindshare. The incumbent, Manning Gottlieb OMD, is repitching.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...