PPA confirms Hunt, Soutar and Rashbass in speaker line up
The Professional Publishers Association (PPA) has announced the line-up for Publishing+, its annual conference, taking place on 9 May, which will address the key topics influencing magazine and media publishers.
Publishing+: Lord Hunt joins the line up
Audience demands, evolving commercial models and emerging technologies will all go under the microscope in an agenda divided into sections titled Brands, Audiences, Freedom, Creative Review and others.
Leading industry speakers include: Lord Hunt, PCC chairman; Helen Goodman, shadow minister for Culture, Media & Sport; Andrew Rashbass, chief executive, Economist Group; Tom Bureau, chief executive, Immediate Media; Mike Soutar, chief executive, Shortlist Media; Andy Cowles, editorial development director, IPC Media; and Paul McNamee, editor of The Big Issue UK.
Barry McIlheney, chief executive officer of the PPA, said: "The way we consume media is constantly changing and more content is now available on more platforms, generating more revenues and reaching more people.
"Publishing+ will tackle a number of these fascinating issues that are shaping our industry, along with revealing industry research into the digital consumption of magazine content.
"With the industry's brightest stars speaking, we're confident this year's PPA Conference will help shine a light on where we're headed and how, as an industry, we can make the most of the change we see happening."
The PPA works to protect the interests of print and online publishers of consumer and business media in the UK.
It has around 200 publishing companies in its membership, which collectively produce more than 2,500 consumer and business magazines and journals as well as digital media, data products and events.
View the full agenda and book online at www.ppaconference.com.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London