Heineken hands Strongbow Gold global digital task to Work Club
Heineken is planning to roll out Strongbow Gold cider across 10 new territories and has appointed Work Club to handle the digital marketing activity.
Strongbold Gold: Work Club lands digital account
Work Club won the account after a competitive pitch against three other undisclosed agencies.
Duties include digital creative, social media and all implementation. The work will focus on targeting the 18- to 35-year-old market, the key demographic for the brand.
Strongbow introduced the Gold branding in February 2007 to target the overseas market. It is currently only available in Italy but Heineken plans to expand it to 10 other countries, excluding the UK.
The brand's ad by Y&R Dublin tells the story of the "Strongbow Gold legend". It features an archer shooting an arrow into an apple and the strapline, "the explosive taste of nature".
The ad is accompanied by a website that portrays the heritage of the drink.
Heineken is significantly stepping up its digital marketing and recently signed a major ad deal with Facebook to collaborate on social media campaigns.
It also recently appointed We Are Social to handle social media activity for its Bulmers and Jacques cider brands.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- Head of Client Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - to £150k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £150k, Central London
- Group Account Director, Digital role, fashion and beauty brand, £80k MODA consult £80k + excellent benefits, Central London
- Head of Digital Marketing - Nottingham Trent University Stopgap £70000 - £79500 per annum + benefits, Nottingham
- Senior Research Executive - Boutique Research Agency NG Digital Marketing up to £35k, Central London