St Mungo's charity brings in Connect Communications
Homelessness charity St Mungo's has called in Connect Communications as it seeks to bring greater focus on women sleeping rough.
Campaign launch: St Mungo's resident Lucy
The public affairs agency was chosen following a pitch for the brief, which will cover an 18-month project on the issue named Rebuilding Shattered Lives.
Laura Blake, account director at Connect Communications, is leading the team with operations director Emily Wallace.
Blake explained that the agency’s role would be to engage with a wide array of stakeholders, as well as helping run events as part of the campaign.
The campaign, which will be launched with a parliamentary event in June, will focus on themes including childhood trauma and domestic violence.
She added: ‘This addresses the need to recognise women within the homeless sector and we will be supporting them through the project, making sure they talk to the right people, and getting the right message across.'
Among those being targeted are MPs, members of local government and others within the voluntary sector.
Connect Communications’ team will be reporting to Tanya English, executive director of fundraising and comms at St Mungo's, and public affairs manager Kim Harper.
English said the charity wanted to use the agency’s ‘significant public affairs’ expertise, adding: ‘We want our Rebuilding Shattered Lives campaign to build the most comprehensive showcase of best practice and policy when it comes to supporting homeless and vulnerable women.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...