Premier Foods consolidates brands into JWT and McCann
Premier Foods has consolidated eight key brands into JWT London, which picks up four including Hovis, and McCann London, while Dare loses five brands and 101 sheds the Mr Kipling account.
Hovis: award-winning campaign by Dare predecessor MCBD
JWT has picked up the accounts for Hovis, Oxo and Ambrosia from Dare and Mr Kipling from 101.
McCann London has taken Batchelors and Loyd Grossman from Dare and has retained Bisto and Sharwoods.
There was no pitch and the company had not previously worked with JWT, according to a Premier Foods spokeswoman. There is a link in that JWT hired Dare's creative partner Jeremy Carr, who had worked on Premier Foods, in June.
Iwan Williams, Premier Foods' new managing director, grocery and bakery, said: "Both 101 and Dare have continued to deliver excellent advertising for our brands and I would like to thank them for their work.
"As we reviewed our future plans, we decided to focus on a smaller number of agencies that have the breadth, scale and resources to manage our Power Brand portfolio."
In January Premier's new chief executive Michael Clarke laid out the strategy of focusing on the eight 'Power Brands', which acount for 75% of branded revenue, and committed to double marketing spend across them this year - to £50m.
Premier's group marketing director Jon Goldstone, who left the company a few weeks ago, was involved in selecting the new agency roster, according to the spokeswoman.
The company's relationship with media agency Starcom is unaffected.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...