Trinity Mirror brings together national and regional digital teams
Trinity Mirror has appointed Chris Ellis, previously managing director of its UK nationals digital business, to a newly-created group-wide digital role as part of a restructure merging its national and regional digital teams.
Ellis will report to Mark Hollinshead, managing director of Trinity Mirror Nationals, and Georgina Harvey, managing director of Trinity Mirror Regionals, as well as a digital board chaired by Trinity Mirror chief executive Sly Bailey.
He will take the role of managing director of Trinity Mirror Digital, less than a year since joining the company.
Bailey laid out the reasons for the restructure in the following note to staff:
"As of today we’re bringing together our regional and national core digital teams (excluding our digital marketing services and online classified businesses) into a single digital unit to accelerate digital audience and revenue growth.
"All our digital brands will retain their individual identities, but they will now benefit from a consistent company-wide approach to product management, engineering, technology and monetisation.
"We are also creating a dedicated standalone team to focus entirely on new product development and innovation. Developing and launching new nationwide digital products beyond our current footprint is key to our digital growth.
"This integrated digital structure will allow us to accelerate the launch of new products and services. It will also allow new features developed in one part of the business to be quickly shared and deployed across the Group."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Account Director or Group Account Director, Social / Digital, £60k - £70k, Old Street Agency MODA consult up to £70k + excellent benefits, Central London, Old Street
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...