Ask Jeeves boosts Q&A positioning with first UK app
Ask Jeeves, the question and answer search engine, is looking to reinvigorate its brand in the UK with its first iPhone trivia app.
Ask Jeeves: search engine launches its first iPhone trivia app in the UK
The Question of the Day app sends a question, such as "what bird barks like a dog?", to subscribers' iPhones every morning.
Users are invited to submit their answers, which will be shared with other users.
It also enables users to access up to 60 previous questions of the day, and click through to Ask.com for wider search enquiries.
Question of the Day has featured on the current Ask homepage for a number of years and, according to Shane McGilloway, chief revenue officer at Ask Jeeves, is increasingly popular among its users.
McGilloway told Marketing that the move was to differentiate the search engine and "establish a point of difference around trivia".
Mobile is Ask Jeeves' biggest growth channel, according to McGilloway, who said it attracted five million monthly mobile users in the UK in February, which was up more than 100% year on year.
Amid tough competition in the search market, Ask Jeeves relaunched as a question-and-answer site in 2009 and, in January 2010, it launched a TV ad campaign to promote this positioning.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Product Director Salt £80000 - £150000 per annum + Bonus & Benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...