Omnicom's 180 promotes Michael Allen to chief executive
180, the creative agency owned by Omnicom, has appointed its Los Angeles managing partner Michael Allen as global chief executive.
Michael Allen: global chief executive, 180
Allen succeeds Chris Mendola, one of the founders of the agency, who becomes chairman.
Allen started 180 LA as managing partner and president in 2007 after leaving sister Omnicom agency TBWA/Chiat/Day.
The office has grown from four employees and one founding client to 85 employees. Core clients include Sony Electronics, Boost Mobile, Mitsubishi Motors and Constellation Wines.
Allen has 25 years experience working in international marketing on some of the world's most famous brands, including Adidas, Apple, Motorola, Sony and Ray-Ban.
He has held senior management positions on both the client and agency sides of the business, including seven years as a senior marketing client at Nike.
He is also credited with reviving Nissan in 1999, introducing "Impossible is Nothing" for adidas in 2004, helping Ray-Ban persuade the world to "Never Hide" in 2006, and branding the "make.believe" spirit for Sony in 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...