Consumers complain of technology fatigue
British consumers are suffering from fatigue when it comes to technology brands such as Apple and Facebook, despite the phenomenal hype surrounding the launch of products like the latest iPad.
Consumers fatigued by tech launches, claims survey
According to exclusive research conducted by TolunaQuick for Marketing, almost 22% of consumers are ‘very bored’ or ‘slightly bored’ of Apple, while 40% are ‘indifferent’ to the brand.
Almost 50% of respondents believed Apple’s new product development is too fast, with consumers unwilling to part with cash for fear their devices will be quickly superseded by updated versions.
Instead of feeling empowered by technology, almost one quarter of the 2000 consumers surveyed said they were scared of having expensive devices stolen. While 8% of respondents felt ‘pretentious’ about the technology brands they used, just 6% felt ‘cool’ for using the latest devices.
The research also showed a surge in ‘Facebook fatigue’, with more than a quarter of consumers saying their life would be ‘better’ without the social network.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...