Consumers complain of technology fatigue
British consumers are suffering from fatigue when it comes to technology brands such as Apple and Facebook, despite the phenomenal hype surrounding the launch of products like the latest iPad.
Consumers fatigued by tech launches, claims survey
According to exclusive research conducted by TolunaQuick for Marketing, almost 22% of consumers are ‘very bored’ or ‘slightly bored’ of Apple, while 40% are ‘indifferent’ to the brand.
Almost 50% of respondents believed Apple’s new product development is too fast, with consumers unwilling to part with cash for fear their devices will be quickly superseded by updated versions.
Instead of feeling empowered by technology, almost one quarter of the 2000 consumers surveyed said they were scared of having expensive devices stolen. While 8% of respondents felt ‘pretentious’ about the technology brands they used, just 6% felt ‘cool’ for using the latest devices.
The research also showed a surge in ‘Facebook fatigue’, with more than a quarter of consumers saying their life would be ‘better’ without the social network.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire