Waitrose launches Easter ad starring 10-year-old 'Heston'
Waitrose's Easter television campaign will star a 10-year-old from Essex who plays a "mini" Heston Blumenthal, in a flashback to the 1970s.
Waitrose: Easter TV ad stars a 1970s mini Heston Blumenthal
The 30-second execution, created by Bogle Bartle Hegarty (BBH), will feature the celebrity chef reminiscing about his childhood to push the supermarket's Earl Grey and Mandarin Hot Cross Buns.
The TV ad will launch tomorrow (21 March) and marks Haydon Gill's first acting role, after he was picked ahead of hundreds of other applicants.
Waitrose's hot cross buns are soaked in Earl Grey tea and contain sultanas, California raisins, orange zest and mandarin extracts.
Waitrose.com is working on an ongoing basis with Mumsnet to target the forum's community of mothers, after the two brands signed a strategic partnership.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...