Waitrose launches Easter ad starring 10-year-old 'Heston'
Waitrose's Easter television campaign will star a 10-year-old from Essex who plays a "mini" Heston Blumenthal, in a flashback to the 1970s.
Waitrose: Easter TV ad stars a 1970s mini Heston Blumenthal
The 30-second execution, created by Bogle Bartle Hegarty (BBH), will feature the celebrity chef reminiscing about his childhood to push the supermarket's Earl Grey and Mandarin Hot Cross Buns.
The TV ad will launch tomorrow (21 March) and marks Haydon Gill's first acting role, after he was picked ahead of hundreds of other applicants.
Waitrose's hot cross buns are soaked in Earl Grey tea and contain sultanas, California raisins, orange zest and mandarin extracts.
Waitrose.com is working on an ongoing basis with Mumsnet to target the forum's community of mothers, after the two brands signed a strategic partnership.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Assistant Visual Merchandising Manager Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London
- Senior Designer / Art Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £36000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- SEO Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy Subject to skill set, London
- Associate Director - Sports Research PSD Group £45,000 to £55,000 + bonus + benefits, Central London