UM lands Zipcar's £4m planning and buying account
Zipcar, the car-sharing network, has appointed the Interpublic Group agency UM London to handle its media business, estimated to be worth £4m.
Zipcar: appoints UM London to handle its media business
UM London will handle the planning and buying for Zipcar's spring campaign, which will involve its debut radio campaign and a trial of Spotify, as well as Tube panels and newspaper insertions.
The move comes as part of a larger attempt by Zipcar to bolster its UK profile. It has appointed another Interpublic Group agency, Weber Shandwick, to develop a media and consumer engagement programme to help drive acquisitions and brand awareness.
Weber Shandwick will work closely with Zipcar UK's newly appointed marketing director Andrew Barclay, to implement a communications plan focusing on Londoners, with a view to expanding the service nationally.
The hire of the agencies follows Andrew Barclay's appointment earlier this year to the role of marketing director of Zipcar UK.
Barclay said: "We're delighted to be up-weighting our UK marketing support with the appointment of Weber Shandwick and UM London at a critical time for Zipca.
"Both agencies impressed us with their proven track record of building distinctive and innovative brand campaigns, and will play a crucial role in the development of the Zipcar brand in the UK."
Deborah Mackay, business director for UM London, said: "With the spring activity, we will be complementing our response-driven strategy with a push to educate the public about car clubs as a category, making Zipcar the go-to name."
She added that the work the agency had planned was a "real step change" in how Zipcar had approached building its brand in the UK.
Follow Nick Batten on @NickBatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer Harnham £40000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- Social Media Account Manager - Global Agency - London Digital Gurus £27000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Responsive Designer (Top 10 NMA) Premier Media £35K + benefits, Central London