Zeebox to introduce voting payments feature
Zeebox, the social TV app, is to enable its users to purchase and cast real-time votes in TV shows, in a bid to provide additional revenue streams for broadcasters.
Zeebox: to enable users to buy and cast real-time votes on reality TV shows
It has struck a partnership with Mobile Interactive Group (MIG) to integrate its social payments voting platform Engage into the Zeebox app, which currently enables TV viewers to interact and chat via Facebook and Twitter, access TV programme information, and buy what they see on screen.
Users will be able to make payments using the technology to cast votes on reality TV shows. No deals have yet been struck with any broadcasters to use the voting system .
The technology behind the voting platform is similar to that used by MIG to create a Facebook voting app, which was used last year by Channel 5's 'Big Brother'.
Zeebox launched in the UK last year. In January this year, Sky signed a deal reportedly worth $15m (£9.8m) that included the pay-TV company taking a 10% stake in Zeebox, taking on ad sales via Sky Media, and giving Sky the rights to incorporate Zeebox's IP into its own apps.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Digital & eCRM Campaign Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire