Starbucks enters energy drinks market with green coffee
Starbucks is making a foray into energy drinks with a low calorie fruit juice containing green coffee extract.
Starbucks: rolls out Refreshers in the US
The coffee chain claims Starbucks Refresher beverages will deliver "thirst-quenching refreshment" from real fruit juice and a "boost of natural energy" from green coffee extract.
The green coffee extract is unroasted, which Starbucks claims will result in a mild and fresh flavour, while retaining natural caffeine.
The products are currently available in the US. It is not yet clear whether there will be any marketing activity around the launch.
The news comes shortly after Starbucks announced it is making a bid for the luxury home coffee-machine market with a device it has branded Verismo, to compete with Nescafe's Nespresso and other kitchen espresso makers.
Red Bull, the energy drink, showed the biggest rise in value of 11% to £224.8m, making it the fifth-most-popular UK brand in the take-home market.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- account manager > GLOBAL FMCG collectivo £25k-£30k + bens, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager | Recruitment Nu Creative Talent £35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager - great agency N Manchester Perfect Marketing People To £42k, Bury, Greater Manchester / Huddersfield, West Yorkshire / Manchester, Greater Manchester / Oldham...
- PR Senior Account Executive Major Players £24000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior National Account Manager , New Brand Premier Consultants c.£60k-£65k plus car & bonus, East of England / South East England / London (Greater)