Cadbury division set to become Mondelez International
Kraft is proposing to change the name of its international snacks business, including Cadbury, to Mondelez International, which is intended to mean “delicious world”.
Cadbury: a major brand in Kraft's international snacks business
Shareholders will vote to approve the name at the Kraft general meeting on 23 May.
The new name will be used as the corporate name and not the consumer brand for the division, which also includes Kraft brands such as Oreo and Milka chocolate.
Kraft asked its employees to suggest names for its snacks business last year after it disclosed plans to split into two listed companies – its North American grocery brands and its international snacks business.
"Monde" derives from the Latin word for "world" and "delez" is a fanciful expression of "delicious". "International", captures the global nature of the business, said Kraft.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Account Director and Business Director air recruitment Up to £75k dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland