McDonald's chief announces his retirement
McDonald’s chief executive Jim Skinner is retiring from the fast-food chain after seven years in the role, and is being replaced by chief operating officer Don Thompson
Jim Skinner: McDonald’s chief executive retires
Skinner has worked at McDonald's for 41 years. Thompson will take over the role from July 1 this year.
Thompson is 48 and has previously held a number of executive roles at the burger chain. He became chief operating officer in January 2012.
His previous roles include president of McDonald's US from 2006 until 2010, a role in which he was responsible for the strategic direction of the US business.
The change does not impact on the role of Jill McDonald, UK chief executive of McDonalds.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...