Metallica commissions Metal Hammer special
Metal Hammer, the rock magazine produced by Future Publishing, has teamed up with Metallica to produce a one-off edition to celebrate the band's 30th anniversary.
Metal Hammer: rolls out special Metallica edition
The £9.99 special edition will be available in the UK from 14 May to commemorate 'Metal Hammer & So What? Presents Metallica The 30th Anniversary Event!'.
Metallica performed these free live shows for members of its fan club. The gigs took place between 5 and 10 December 2011 in the historic Filmore in San Francisco.
Metallica's quarterly Fan Club magazine, So What?, has produced the issue as well as an exclusive seven inch double "A" side single featuring "So What" and "Through the Never", recorded live from the shows, as well as a souvenir bag.
The magazine will also feature interviews with Metallica, exclusive photographs and a special guest interview with Rob Halford and Dave Mustaine.
Metal Hammer marked the return of the rock band Iron Maiden in a similar fashion two years ago when it ran a 3D front cover celebrating the bands first studio album in four years.
Chris Ingham, publisher of Metal Hammer, said: "Being in partnership with Metallica for this unique product will give Metal Hammer huge exposure.
"It will be distributed worldwide and demonstrates the diversity Future Publishing has with their music titles.
"The success of the Fanpack model has proven that unique products, like this, will always capture the imagination of the target audience."
Alexander Milas, editor of Metal Hammer, said the opportunity to team up with one of the world's best loved and respected fanzines was "simply too good to pass up."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- PR SAM-AD Financial Services, £33-35k #PR Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP33000 - GBP55000 per annum, Benefits: benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...