ITV signs up Bloo to sponsor 60-Minute Makeover
Bloo, the Jeyes-owned toilet freshener brand, has signed a deal to sponsor ITV's daytime DIY programme '60-Minute Makeover' when the series starts on Monday (26 March).
60-minute Makeover: ITV show secures deal with Bloo
The show is presented by designer Catherine Gee, who oversees a surprise home makeover, whereby a team of experts decorate several rooms in 60-minutes while the owner is away.
The sponsorship, which was negotiated by independent media agency John Ayling & Associates, will include five, 10 and 15-second idents made by integrated agency WARL to promote its Bloo Flowers and Bloo Acticlean toilet fresheners.
It is estimated that the sponsorship will have a gross value of £1m during its eight-week run.
The Bloo Flowers idents will use the tagline "a beautiful way to release the fragrance", while the idents for Bloo Acticlean will end with the line "a beautiful way to release the colour".
Bloo will also offer viewers the chance to win a prize of fresh flowers for a year and will promote the competition through online banner ads and on-pack QR codes.
Jayne Hazlewood, marketing director at Jeyes, said: "'60-Minute Makeover' is a deservedly well-loved feature on ITV’s schedule and – as a programme which focuses on home improvement and style – is a perfect match for Bloo.
"This sponsorship gives us a wonderful opportunity to present the special features of Bloo Flowers and Bloo Acticlean, which we know are of interest to women who love style and design, to the show’s many fans."
Daryl Leigh, senior sales executive at ITV, said: "ITV are delighted to be partnering with Jeyes as the official sponsor of the popular daytime show, '60-Minute Makeover'. The audience of the show are very much aligned with Jeyes key target market and fresh thinking approach."?
The sponsorship has been devised to target 20- to 45-year-old women in the middle income bracket (the B, C1 and C2 demographics).
Caroline Boase, account manager at WARL, said: "We are targeting a group we describe as 'scent-seekers', women with busy lifestyles but who love their homes and who love scent around the house."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London