British Lung Foundation appoints agencies for asbestos push
The British Lung Foundation has appointed integrated agency Targetbase Claydon Heely and media agency Mike Colling & Co to handle a high-profile national asbestos awareness campaign, after a pitch.
British Lung Foundation: readies asbestos push
The two agencies pitched together as part of a team led by marketing consultants Bottom Line Ideas (BLI).
There were no incumbent agencies working for the charity.
The campaign kicks off with a 30-second TV ad on Monday (26 March) and comes ahead of Easter weekend, the traditional start of the DIY season.
The educational campaign urges amateur DIYers to "Take 5 and stay alive" by explaining the risks associated with asbestos in the home. The campaign includes online advertising, advertorials and social media.
Charlotte Guiver, fundraising & marketing director for the British Lung foundation, said: "Many people think asbestos is a thing of the past but this hidden killer is still lurking in many British homes.
"This core campaign idea is simple, memorable and hard to ignore. Most importantly, it could be a life saver."
Ian Prager, board planning director at Mike Colling & Co, said: "We are delighted to be involved in such an important project and believe our integrated approach will generate a considerable number of people seeking life saving information".
It is the British Lung Foundation's first big push to raise awareness of asbestos since it launched Mesothelioma Day in July 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...