British Lung Foundation appoints agencies for asbestos push
The British Lung Foundation has appointed integrated agency Targetbase Claydon Heely and media agency Mike Colling & Co to handle a high-profile national asbestos awareness campaign, after a pitch.
British Lung Foundation: readies asbestos push
The two agencies pitched together as part of a team led by marketing consultants Bottom Line Ideas (BLI).
There were no incumbent agencies working for the charity.
The campaign kicks off with a 30-second TV ad on Monday (26 March) and comes ahead of Easter weekend, the traditional start of the DIY season.
The educational campaign urges amateur DIYers to "Take 5 and stay alive" by explaining the risks associated with asbestos in the home. The campaign includes online advertising, advertorials and social media.
Charlotte Guiver, fundraising & marketing director for the British Lung foundation, said: "Many people think asbestos is a thing of the past but this hidden killer is still lurking in many British homes.
"This core campaign idea is simple, memorable and hard to ignore. Most importantly, it could be a life saver."
Ian Prager, board planning director at Mike Colling & Co, said: "We are delighted to be involved in such an important project and believe our integrated approach will generate a considerable number of people seeking life saving information".
It is the British Lung Foundation's first big push to raise awareness of asbestos since it launched Mesothelioma Day in July 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Stunning Digital Director - Top Media Agency Ultimate Asset £60000 - £63000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £80K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- Digital Strategist - Growth & Innovation Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection Highly competitive, Central London