United Biscuits splits business into two
United Biscuits (UB) has confirmed that it's splitting its UK business into two, dividing it into a biscuits and a snacks division.
Hula Hoops: part of the United Biscuits portfolio
UB executives held a meeting on Wednesday this week, when employees where told of the split.
The biscuits division will house brands including McVities and Jacobs. The snacks division will house brands such as KP crisps, Hula Hoops and McCoys.
UB said the split will not prompt any redundancies.
A spokesperson for the company said: "Like most businesses, United Biscuits (UB) continually reviews its structure to ensure that it best meets the needs of customers and consumers.
"We have identified improvements to the current UBUK organisation and have started a process with the UK teams to implement these changes. This will consist of a separation of the existing UB UK structure into Biscuits and Snacks Business Units.
"When the division is complete, it will provide improved service and innovation."
Blackstone, the US private equity company and PAI Partners, the French buyout firm, which own UB, have been looking to split the business to up profits across the group.
It is unclear if the company owners are looking to sell off its snacks division, as reported in some media.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...