Flic Howard-Allen to lead Hill+Knowlton Strategies' retail and leisure arm
Hill+Knowlton Strategies UK has appointed Flic Howard-Allen as managing director of retail and leisure with immediate effect.
Flic Howard-Allen: steps up to MD of retail and leisure
She will be stepping into the role as replacement for UK chief executive Richard Millar, who has filled the position on an interim basis after it was newly created about two years ago.
Howard-Allen rejoined H+K in 2009 from Marks & Spencer, where she was director of comms and CSR for seven years, and most recently led H+K’s sustainability division.
She also worked as a retail specialist for clients including B&Q, Petsmart and Blockbuster video, and also for Adidas, Vauxhall, Kodak, Shell, GSK and Stepstone.com.
Howard-Allen, who was named PRWeek’s PR Professional of the Year in 2006, said that her move would bring about ‘big development’ within team, both in terms of its numbers and offering.
At Marks & Spencer, she led the development of ‘Look behind the Label’ and went on to lead the creation of Plan A, the company’s environmental and social plan.
Millar, who is also president of H+K’s European arm, said: ‘I am delighted to announce Flic’s appointment as MD of H+K’s retail and leisure team. Flic has had an impressive comms career, proving she can lead large teams successfully and deliver exceptional results.
‘Her experience, knowledge and insight of the retail sector will ensure the retail and leisure team continues to provide the best PR support to our clients and prospects.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London