Flic Howard-Allen to lead Hill+Knowlton Strategies' retail and leisure arm
Hill+Knowlton Strategies UK has appointed Flic Howard-Allen as managing director of retail and leisure with immediate effect.
Flic Howard-Allen: steps up to MD of retail and leisure
She will be stepping into the role as replacement for UK chief executive Richard Millar, who has filled the position on an interim basis after it was newly created about two years ago.
Howard-Allen rejoined H+K in 2009 from Marks & Spencer, where she was director of comms and CSR for seven years, and most recently led H+K’s sustainability division.
She also worked as a retail specialist for clients including B&Q, Petsmart and Blockbuster video, and also for Adidas, Vauxhall, Kodak, Shell, GSK and Stepstone.com.
Howard-Allen, who was named PRWeek’s PR Professional of the Year in 2006, said that her move would bring about ‘big development’ within team, both in terms of its numbers and offering.
At Marks & Spencer, she led the development of ‘Look behind the Label’ and went on to lead the creation of Plan A, the company’s environmental and social plan.
Millar, who is also president of H+K’s European arm, said: ‘I am delighted to announce Flic’s appointment as MD of H+K’s retail and leisure team. Flic has had an impressive comms career, proving she can lead large teams successfully and deliver exceptional results.
‘Her experience, knowledge and insight of the retail sector will ensure the retail and leisure team continues to provide the best PR support to our clients and prospects.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...