Nintendo marketer jumps ship to BBC Worldwide
Nintendo UK has lost another senior marketer, as head of home console marketing Rob Lowe leaves the company after eight years to take up the marketing director role at BBC Worldwide.
Robert Lowe: joins BBC Worldwide
The news comes after Nintendo assistant general manager and marketing director Dawn Paine left the company on 24 February to join Universal Pictures UK as its new vice-president of marketing.
Following Paine's departure general manager David Yarnton stepped in to oversee the Nintendo marketing team with the assistance of Lowe and senior managers James Honeywell and Jo Bartlett.
Lowe will depart on 1 June with a replacement due to be announced at a later date.
At BBC Worldwide he is replacing Fiona Eastwood, who has been promoted to product development director, consumer products, BBC Worldwide.
David Yarnton, general manager of Nintendo UK, said: "Rob leaves behind him a talented and exceptional team who will continue to deliver some of the industry's strongest and most creative campaigns as we embark on an exciting year ahead."
Nintendo is currently gearing up for this year's launch of the Wii U console as it seeks to regain the competitive advantage from releasing the first motion-sensor console, the Nintendo Wii.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...