Pottermore hands marketing brief to Momentum UK
Momentum UK, the integrated marketing agency, has been appointed to handle JK Rowling's latest project, Pottermore, with a brief that brings digital and social activity to the fore.
Momentum UK lands Pottermore brief
Replacing the incumbent agency, Adam & Eve, Momentum has been briefed to define and develop the overall marketing strategy for Pottermore in addition to cultivating ongoing engagement via integrated activity including digital and social.
Pottermore, which was due to launch in October last year but remains in beta, was first unveiled in June 2011 as an "online reading experience" where fans could interact with the author.
The website serves as a permanent home for the wizarding world of Harry Potter, and offers users the chance to participate in an interactive reading experience of the books.
Among other things, readers can move through chapters and follow Harry, visit Diagon Alley, learn spells, duel other users and create potions.
Digital agency Th_nk continues to lead the development of the website, which is now slated for an early April launch.
Charlie Redmayne, chief executive officer of Pottermore, said: "Adam & Eve contributed a huge amount to this project and I am very grateful to them – moving forward, Momentum will bring a wealth of experience in integrating social and digital into broader media and also the ability to service our international requirements."
Simon Parker, managing partner for Momentum UK, said that Harry Potter is one of the "great cultural touchpoints" and the agency was thrilled Pottermore has asked them to "help encourage a new generation to discover this world and to give fans more of what they love".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)