British Heart Foundation targets Fabrice Muamba rematch with ads
The British Heart Foundation (BHF) has launched a tactical campaign, running ads on digital hoardings at the FA Cup rematch between Tottenham Hotspur and Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday (27 March), following the collapse of Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba.
British Heart Foundation: advertising during Tottenham Hotspur vs Bolton FA Cup tie
The charity is looking to use the high-profile case of the footballer, who remains in intensive care in the London Chest Hospital after suffering a cardiac arrest during the same fixture at Spurs on 17 March, to raise awareness of heart conditions and the work it carries out in the field.
The ads, booked by agency Sports Revolution, will not directly refer to Muamba’s condition. Instead, they will feature the BHF’s recent TV ad campaign starring ex-footballer Vinnie Jones as a gangster character performing CPR to the beat of Stayin’ Alive by The Bee Gees.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...