BrandAlley shifts focus to customer emotions
Online fashion retailer BrandAlley aims to tap into its customers' emotions for the first time, with a campaign based around a 'Shop Savvy Feel Good' strapline.
BrandAlley: targets customers' emotions in major marketing campaign
The retailer is hoping its biggest marketing campaign to date will appeal to shoppers who want to maintain a luxury lifestyle without stretching their budgets.
BrandAlley aims to offer bargain deals on designer fashion labels, such as Emporio Armani and Dolce & Gabbana.
Marketing and PR director Melissa Littler said the focus of the campaign was "about building the campaign socially, with competitions around which customers are the savviest shopper".
The online activity will launch in mid-April and will support the press ads that are running this week in fashion publications including Stylist, Red, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan and Look.
BrandAlley is working on a Facebook app for the competition, which will offer the savviest shoppers in different regions prizes including a wardrobe, a home makeover or beauty makeover.
The new campaign marks a shift in strategy, as BrandAlley's previous marketing activity has centred on the retailer's "Non-stop designer sale" positioning.
The retailer, which offers up to 70% discounts on luxury brands to private members, is hoping to build on recent successes after sales grew 60% in 2011.
Littler said: "We want to use our new campaign not only to grow brand awareness, but also to engage with our members and to really champion the savvy shopper.
"Last year, our 'Possibilities Are Endless' campaign helped us increase membership by over 50,000 members and this year it will help us achieve our growth target of 40% in 2012."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire