FitFlop turns to The Brooklyn Brothers in bid to move into fashion
The Brooklyn Brothers has been called in to broaden the appeal of footwear brand FitFlop and help it use the Olympics to break into the world of fashion.
FitFlop: to use the Olympics to break into the world of fashion
The agency won the brief following a pitch battle that included a trip to Geneva to meet founder Marcia Kilgore.
It has been drafted in for a consumer-facing retained brief as the company manoeuvres away from its traditional associations with toning.
The Brooklyn Brothers PR partner Laura Wood said that the company had grown from making flip-flops into a wider range that included trainers and hi-tops.
‘We want to help them move towards being a brand focused on fashion and lifestyle. We’ve talked to them about using the trend of sports luxe, which is about bringing more sporting elements into what you’re wearing, something that will get a big boost off the back of the Olympics.’
The Brooklyn Brothers team will be led by Laura Hind, and will report to Fitflop's Katie Nieman and marketing director Jonathan Pennington.
The brief will go beyond traditional PR and into brand and digital work, with Wood adding that there was a possibility of further work with the company’s New York team.
The Brooklyn Brothers will begin by working on the brand's new CAPSULE 12 collection which is available in April, the new SHUV product and the original FitFlop main range.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Marketing Studio Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £38000 - £40000 per annum, Gloucestershire
- Strategic Alliances Manger, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + +comm, London
- Head of Shopper Insights & Strategy Dynamic New Alliances £80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum + benefits, London