Audi brings 'Vorsprung' position to fore with new TV ad
Audi is rolling out a new TV ad for its A5 model, bringing its commitment to its 'Vorsprung Durch Technik' back to the fore of its UK marketing.
The ad, by Bartle Bogle Hegarty (BBH), harks back to the early days of the brand in the 1920s, depicting Audi as a "design pioneer", all the way through to its current A5 model.
Named ‘The Swan’, the clip, directed by Oscar-winner Joachim Back, is a reinterpretation of the classic children's tale, 'The Ugly Duckling'.
It shows an early teardrop-shaped Audi prototype car named Jaray Audi, driving through a Bavarian town, drawing disapproval from local people and scaring horses, due to the unusual design. The ad ends with the historic car arriving at a lake, and its reflection showing the new A5.
Dominic Chambers, head of marketing for Audi UK, said: "The film illustrates perfectly Audi's pioneering heritage and its historical commitment to 'Vorsprung Durch Technik'."
The TV, print, digital and outdoor campaign breaks on breaks on Sunday (1 April) during ITV's Titanic. Media planning and buying was by Mediacom.
In September last year, Audi moved away from its long-running style of black-and-white animated ads, with a £3m campaign for its A6 Avant estate, featuring a metallic "Audi hummingbird".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...