Charles Watson steps down from FTI Consulting chairmanship
Charles Watson, the former CEO of FD (now FTI Consulting) has stepped down from his role as non-executive global chairman of FTI's comms division.
Charles Watson: stepping down
He is being replaced by London-based Oliver Pawle, who will become non-executive global chairman of FTI’s strategic comms practice from April.
Formerly vice-chairman of the investment banking division of UBS, Pawle is the chairman of Korn/Ferry Whitehead Mann's Board Services practice.
He said: ‘I have been involved with FTI Consulting for many years and am delighted to be taking on this role. I had the opportunity to work with Charles prior to the firm's acquisition of Financial Dynamics and through its transition to the strategic comms practice of FTI Consulting.
‘His team has successfully built a pre-eminent global strategic communications consultancy and, with the additional capabilities provided as part of the wider FTI Consulting group, it is a truly unique and powerful provider of senior advisory services.’
Watson will maintain an advisory role with FTI Consulting, but will spend more time developing his other business interests.
Last year Watson co-launched a marcoms group and acquired ad agency Karmarama and its offshoot PR venture Kaper, with private equity firm Phoenix Equity Partners backing the deal.
He is also non-executive chairman for the independent university venture New College of the Humanities.
Jack Dunn, president and CEO of FTI Consulting, said: ‘On behalf of FTI Consulting, I would like to thank Charles for his enormous contribution to making our strategic comms practice the great business it is today. I look forward to continuing to work with him in his new senior advisory role and wish him well with his new business interests.
‘Oliver brings with him a wealth of international business experience and is highly respected in the market by clients and colleagues alike,’ Dunn added. ‘We very much look forward to working even more closely with him as we continue to develop our Strategic Communications practice throughout the world.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...