Creative England brings in Paul Smith as head of comms
Creative England, supporter of creative talent outside of London, has appointed Paul Smith as its head of communications.
Creative England: A scene from film 8 Minutes Idle
Smith will take up the post on 10 April, having previously worked at the Producers' Alliance for Cinema and Television (PACT).
He will lead Creative England’s communications strategy as it moves towards providing a more joined-up service to the gaming and digital sector, as well as to film and television.
Smith has spent the past 20 years working in communications, largely within the creative industries.
His career includes the head of communications role at PACT, where he managed an overhaul of the trade body's website, and built up its profile and coverage in national and trade media.
He was also head of press for the Edinburgh International Film Festival and worked for Channel Four for six years, where he managed the corporate communications for the documentary, arts and independent film and video output.
Creative England was launched in October, with the initial aim of creating an infrastructure for film in the English regions. It will also be working to support creative and digital SMEs.
Caroline Norbury, Creative England’s chief executive, said: 'While Creative England has already achieved a great deal in the six short months we’ve been around, we still have a huge amount of work to do ahead of us, both in developing our nationwide strategy to offer support to a broad cross-section of the creative industries, and in communicating what we are doing to the very people we are seeking to support. I am confident Paul will make a great contribution to our work in both of these areas and look forward to working closely with him in the future.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £55k - £60k, London, Soho
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...