VW drives fans to Facebook game for 3rd gen Beetle push
Volkswagen is rolling out a "hitchhike with a like" Facebook game for its third generation Beetle.
The campaign by Tribal DDB Amsterdam will offer players the chance to win a trip around Europe in the 21st Century Beetle.
The game challenges players to get to a European city of their choice by "hitchhiking". Players have to collect points along the way to unlock prizes and music tracks.
Every time a character offers a player a virual ride, a short teaser film will be played. If the player collects enough points, they could then win the Beetle trip.
Players have to progress through five levels, beginning at rookie and working up to "hitchhike king".
The more points a player collects, the better the prize, which includes tickets to music festivals, a Fender guitar, skateboards and free music tracks.
Robin Cenijn, interaction designer for Tribal DDB Amsterdam, said: "This game is a real experience of the spirit of the 21st Century Beetle.
"It allows you to travel with the iconic car but in an absolutely modern way, bringing in the social aspect of the journey with sharing rides and comparing them with your Facebook friends."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire