Food Freshness Technology chooses College Hill for corporate brief
College Hill's corporate team has been called in to help spread the word about a company hoping to start a revolution in keeping food fresh.
Food Freshness Technology: to start a revolution in keeping food fresh
Food Freshness Technology brought the agency on board for the retained brief following a four-way pitch.
The company’s technology, named It’sFresh!, involves a strip that traps the ethylene gas produced naturally as fruit and vegetables ripen.
This process, the company claims, slows down ripening and limits decay caused by transit damage. So far, It’sFresh! has been taken up by Marks & Spencer and Tesco.
The technology will be rolled out across the UK, Europe & US this spring. College Hill will also co-ordinate a parallel US programme, in a campaign worth six figures during the first 12 months. Potential US comms partners are currently under review.
Andrew Vincent, a senior consultant at College Hill, said: ‘It’s a question of determining who the audiences are. On one hand we’ve got retailers looking for ways to ensure fruit and vegetables reach their customers in the best condition, but you’ve also got fruit growers who want to keep fruit fresh for longer.
‘Also, at a time when the ability to produce and grow food is under pressure you’ve got a technology which offers benefits when it comes to the bigger picture, so there’s a bigger thought leadership position for us to take too.’
The team will report to FFT’s marketing and strategic development director Simon Lee.
He added: ‘We now have plenty of stakeholders to reach out to, and we felt that College Hill’s food specialists were ideally experienced to do this job for us on an international scale.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London