Ikea launches 'snap a napper' Facebook competition
Ikea is extending the 'Sleep Like A Princess' positioning used for its beds range with a Facebook competition encouraging customers to upload images of sleeping friends and family.
Ikea: launches snap a snapper competition on Facebook
The competition will be open only to the 1.3 million Ikea Family loyalty scheme members and is designed to show that if you sleep like a princess at night, you will not fall asleep during the day.
Direct and digital agency Lida created the campaign, which will kick off with the Ikea Family members being sent an email today (3 April) headlined "Sleep like a princess every night".
The email will direct recipients to the Ikea Facebook page where members can enter a competition to win everything they need from Ikea to get a "perfect" night's sleep.
A video at the top of the Facebook page will show humorous scenes of people falling asleep and is designed to encourage people to "snap a napper", with the best entrant winning the competition.
The video will also appear on video-sharing sites including Vimeo and on Ikea's YouTube channel, in order to drive people to the Facebook competition page.
Digital activity is supporting a press campaign featuring a real-life princess sleeping on an Ikea bed, as well as radio activity on Absolute Radio.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)