Shop Direct in push to link print to digital marketing
Shop Direct aligning its print catalogue and burgeoning online business by integrating augmented reality into magazines to drive cross-platform engagement.
Shop Direct: pushes digital marketing
The retail group, which owns brands including Littlewoods, Very and isme, is building on its heritage in catalogue-based retailing by modernising magazines with technology provided by Aurasma.
It is trialling the technology with its first interactive editorial in the April edition of the Littlewoods.com bi-monthly magazine.
An image of celebrity interior designer Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen will initiate a behind-the-scenes video of the designer, which will introduce his range of homewares when a mobile device equipped with the Aurasma app is pointed at it.
After the trial, the retailer is planning to introduce augmented reality content across its entire brand portfolio.
Gareth Jones, group retail director at Shop Direct, said: "Bringing our printed publications to life with exclusive and interactive video content will help us to drive further cross-platform engagement with our brands and to increase traffic and conversion."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...