VW delays Beetle campaign due to production difficulties
Volkswagen has been forced to delay the launch of an ad campaign to promote its latest Beetle model, citing difficulties in supplying UK customers with the vehicle.
VW Beetle: struggling to keep up with customer demand
The marque has rolled out a TV ad, by DDB UK, in several countries already, but it is now not expected to screen in the UK until the summer.
The clip features a cover of The Monkees’ hit I’m a Believer by US band Smashmouth, and shows footage of the classic Beetle before cutting to the latest model. The ads use the line ‘They say if you are good in one life, you are rewarded in the next’.
According to a VW spokesman, the manufacturer is struggling to cope with a‘large amount of orders’ at its Mexican assembly plant, which also produces the Jetta, a model that is particularly popular in North America.
VW dedicated this year’s Super Bowl TV ad, ‘The dog strikes back’, to the Beetle. The ad again included Star Wars character Darth Vader. The Beetle first went on sale in the UK in 1953.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...