FT promotes Slade to new digital commercial role
The Financial Times has appointed commercial executive Jon Slade to the new role of commercial director, digital advertising at FT.com, a role in which he will be responsible for global digital advertising revenues.
Jon Slade: appointed commercial director digital advertising at FT.com
He will also be responsible for new business propositions at FT.com, luxury website howtospendit.com, and the FT's mobile products.
He will also be involved in finding new technology and creative partners for the FT.
The appointment comes as FT.com moves to monetise visitor numbers to the website. FT.com, unlike the majority of other national newspapers, is not ABC audited to measure its traffic.
According to Deloitte, FT.com has 267,000 paying subscribers to the website.
Slade was previously head of FT's global creative solutions unit, which he set up in 2007.
He will report to Ben Hughes, global commercial director and deputy chief executive officer, as he did in his previous role.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...