FT promotes Slade to new digital commercial role
The Financial Times has appointed commercial executive Jon Slade to the new role of commercial director, digital advertising at FT.com, a role in which he will be responsible for global digital advertising revenues.
Jon Slade: appointed commercial director digital advertising at FT.com
He will also be responsible for new business propositions at FT.com, luxury website howtospendit.com, and the FT's mobile products.
He will also be involved in finding new technology and creative partners for the FT.
The appointment comes as FT.com moves to monetise visitor numbers to the website. FT.com, unlike the majority of other national newspapers, is not ABC audited to measure its traffic.
According to Deloitte, FT.com has 267,000 paying subscribers to the website.
Slade was previously head of FT's global creative solutions unit, which he set up in 2007.
He will report to Ben Hughes, global commercial director and deputy chief executive officer, as he did in his previous role.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Executive - boutique design agency Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Internal Communications Manager Barclay Meade £40000 per annum + Benefits, Oxfordshire
- Ecommerce Project Manager Source £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior PM UX and Design Source £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London