Maxus names Madhvi Pahwa as first global talent director
GroupM agency Maxus has appointed Madhvi Pahwa, currently managing partner for learning and culture at GroupM India, as its first global talent director.
Kelly Clark: global chief executive officer for Maxus
Kelly Clark, global chief executive officer for Maxus, said that Pahwa would be based in Delhi, India.
Before joining GroupM in India in 2006, Pahwa held several senior marketing and brand management roles with marketers including Proctor & Gamble and Coca-Cola India, where she spent 10 years in marketing roles ranging from managing brand portfolios, to consumer insights and media planning and buying.
Clark noted that locating the talent director's role in India rather than New York or London signalled a break from tradition for media agencies, one that provided the agency with an important distinction from its competitors.
Maxus, which started its life in Asia, claims to be one of the fastest-growing media services agencies in the world, and was named by Campaign as Media Network of the Year in December 2011.
Clark said: "I've always believed there's big opportunity for a media agency to take an exciting new direction in talent management, one that really differentiates the agency.
"Maxus can be that agency, and I think we can make that happen with Madhvi's leadership, advice and partnership. Having Madhvi based in Asia also recognises the importance of our fastest-growing region to the future of our talent agenda."
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...