Dell to pay customers to promote products in social media
Dell is to offer cash rewards to customers who promote its products on social networking sites if their "share" leads to a sale.
Dell: brand ad page on Twitter
Its Share and Earn scheme, launched this week, enables customers who promote Dell products to earn £5 if one of their "shares" leads to a sale of a Dell product worth more than £70.
The global scheme is the first of its kind for Dell, which, a few years ago claimed it had surpassed $6.5m in sales from Twitter accounts around the world.
According to DigitalAnimal, the agency behind the scheme, the idea is to make customers "micro-affiliates" of the brand.
It is using performance network TradeDoubler to track the customers who lead to the sales.
Dell is promoting Share and Earn on its email newsletter, which goes out to 200,000 customers, directing those who want to participate through the registration process.
Participants can then click to share information on Dell products, across over 300 networks, including Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and Pinterest.
Last month, PeerIndex, the social indexing company, launched a service called PeerPerks that enables brands to reach "social influencers" online, by offering them giveaways and discounts in return for promotion and data.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...