EDF introduces new character as part of Feel Better Energy activity
EDF Energy, the French energy company, has launched a campaign to support its 'Feel Better Energy' brand positioning, featuring a new dancing brand character.
The campaign by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO promotes EDF's new Blue+Price Promise tariff – its first 100% nuclear-backed tariff.
The 60-second TV spot premiered yesterday evening (2 April). The character is based on YouTube hit "dancing robot" character Keepon, which has been licensed to the brand.
EDF's version is featured sitting, standing and dancing on a number of household electronic devices, including a vacuum cleaner and washing machine, set to a soundtrack of 'Together in Electric Dreams' by Phil Oakey.
The activity uses the strapline 'Feel better energy' and is also running a coverwrap on today’s 'Metro' as part of a media plan executed by MPG.
The creative team were Andy Booth and Jim Seath. The production company was Somesuch and Co.
EDF is currently reviewing its direct marketing business, while the result of its digital review is expected shortly.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...