Ryanair cuts printing costs by €500K with updated in-flight magazine
Ryanair, the low-cost airline, is reducing the size of its in-flight magazine from A4 to A5 to save on printing costs.
Ryanair magazine: gets in line for an upgrade
The new pocket-sized Lets Go with Ryanair will use 50% less (recycled) paper and will cost less than €500,000 (£414,000) per year to produce.
The number of pages in the magazine stays at 164 and its content will continue to feature articles and exclusive interviews on lifestyle, entertainment, destinations and travel.
Stephen McNamara, head of communications for Ryanair, said: "Ryanair and Ink have cut the page size of our award winning Let's Go with Ryanair magazine in order to reduce its weight, as well as its paper and production costs, but we have sacrificed none of its 164 pages or its entertaining content.
"Our new magazine will save up to €500k in print and production costs each year and is now an even better read, which all Ryanair passengers can take with them when they arrive at their destination."
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Traffic Manager Source £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...