Ryanair cuts printing costs by €500K with updated in-flight magazine
Ryanair, the low-cost airline, is reducing the size of its in-flight magazine from A4 to A5 to save on printing costs.
Ryanair magazine: gets in line for an upgrade
The new pocket-sized Lets Go with Ryanair will use 50% less (recycled) paper and will cost less than €500,000 (£414,000) per year to produce.
The number of pages in the magazine stays at 164 and its content will continue to feature articles and exclusive interviews on lifestyle, entertainment, destinations and travel.
Stephen McNamara, head of communications for Ryanair, said: "Ryanair and Ink have cut the page size of our award winning Let's Go with Ryanair magazine in order to reduce its weight, as well as its paper and production costs, but we have sacrificed none of its 164 pages or its entertaining content.
"Our new magazine will save up to €500k in print and production costs each year and is now an even better read, which all Ryanair passengers can take with them when they arrive at their destination."
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Account Director - top agency in Leeds Perfect Marketing People To £60k, Leeds
- Assistant Brand Manager AF Selection £mid 20's, West Midlands
- Digital Senior Account Manager - top agency nr Chester Perfect Marketing People To £35k, Chester