Hamleys switches from Seventy Seven PR to LightBrigade
LightBrigade has been picked to work with world-famous toy store Hamleys after winning the brief from the agency MD's former consultancy, Seventy Seven PR.
Hamleys: preparing to launch assault on the Christmas market
The agency has been chosen to look after consumer and lifestyle work as the store launches its assault on the Christmas market.
The news follows the departure of LightBrigade MD Alan Twigg from Seventy Seven PR in September, where he handled the client for several years.
Twigg said: ‘Hamleys came to us and asked if we would handle the campaign for them.
‘We will be making sure that we help with what will be a big showcase event on site in July.
‘Christmas is a significant part of Hamleys’ success, so it’s a big deal.’
The six-month brief will see LightBrigade launching to long lead media in July and continue through the Regent Street store’s major refurbishment this summer.
Broadcast and consumer press are expected to be particular targets.
The brief will include supporting Hamleys’ Glasgow and Dublin stores, as well as the company’s growing international estate, from the Middle East to India.
The team will report to Hamleys’ retail director Nigel Wheatley and CEO Gudjon Reynisson.
Twigg left Seventy Seven PR as part of a senior-ranks walkout in September.
His departure came alongside that of fellow managing partners James Gordon-MacIntosh and Jo Carr, who went on to set up Hope&Glory.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Category Manager Stopgap £45000 - £50000 per annum + car, East Midlands
- Head of Insight Stopgap £80000 - £85000 per annum, London
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager - Social Media Adam Recruitment £25000 - £40000 per annum + DOE, London