Barclays Bank hands public affairs brief to Cicero Consulting
Barclays Bank has appointed Cicero Consulting to handle its public affairs brief, taking the big money account from Weber Shandwick.
Switch: Barclays moves from Weber Shandwick to Cicero
The appointment, which follows a pitch process revealed by PRWeek, sees Cicero take on the unified role of handling Barclays’ group public affairs account alongside the existing work it does for investment banking arm Barclays Capital.
Cicero is understood to have pitched against Lansons Communications, Portland and Weber Shandwick. The brief is understood to be worth a large six-figure sum.
Announcing the appointment, Cyrus Ardalan, Barclays’ vice-chairman UK & EU government relations, said Weber Shandwick would continue to provide public affairs advice in Scotland.
Cicero has worked on Barclays Capital since 2008, while Weber Shandwick has handled Barclays’ group lobbying for about a decade.
Cicero director and chief corporate counsel Iain Anderson said the job came at ‘a very important time for banking, not least because of the significant regulatory changes that the Government has planned’.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...