Ryder Cup seeks help to showcase Scotland as the 'Home of Golf'
An agency search is under way to support the Ryder Cup when it comes to Scotland in 2014.
Historic: The Ryder Cup (Rex Features)
An RFP has been sent out for a consumer consultancy ahead of the tournament, which will be hosted at the historic Gleneagles golf course and is expected to boost the country's economy by £100m.
The brief calls for an agency to showcase Scotland as the 'Home of Golf' while also ensuring 'positive relations' with local communities.
The work will be aimed at everyone from 'golf zealots' through to business travellers in Scotland and seven key European markets that include France, Spain and Portugal.
As a part of underpinning a 'Ryder Cup legacy programme' it will also promote ClubGolf, a gold initiative aimed at introducing every primary school child in the country to the sport by the age of nine.
Agencies have until 15 April to submit proposals, while the selected few will head to The Gleneagles Hotel on the week beginning 30 April.
A spokesman for the Ryder Cup declined to comment on the budget of the brief.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer Harnham £40000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- Social Media Account Manager - Global Agency - London Digital Gurus £27000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits , London