Ryder Cup seeks help to showcase Scotland as the 'Home of Golf'
An agency search is under way to support the Ryder Cup when it comes to Scotland in 2014.
Historic: The Ryder Cup (Rex Features)
An RFP has been sent out for a consumer consultancy ahead of the tournament, which will be hosted at the historic Gleneagles golf course and is expected to boost the country's economy by £100m.
The brief calls for an agency to showcase Scotland as the 'Home of Golf' while also ensuring 'positive relations' with local communities.
The work will be aimed at everyone from 'golf zealots' through to business travellers in Scotland and seven key European markets that include France, Spain and Portugal.
As a part of underpinning a 'Ryder Cup legacy programme' it will also promote ClubGolf, a gold initiative aimed at introducing every primary school child in the country to the sport by the age of nine.
Agencies have until 15 April to submit proposals, while the selected few will head to The Gleneagles Hotel on the week beginning 30 April.
A spokesman for the Ryder Cup declined to comment on the budget of the brief.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...