MSL London creates healthcare practice
MSL London has created a specialist healthcare agency to target the lucrative health technology and pharmaceutical markets.
Experienced: Richard Hayhurst is heading up MSL Health
Headed by MD Richard Hayhurst, MSL Health has been founded following the acquisition of US technology and healthcare agency Schwartz Communications last September.
Former nutritionist and Burson-Marsteller director Caroline Cooper has been brought in as director of the new practice. MSL London is to launch its EMEA health arm in Geneva, in June.
Kelly Walsh, CEO, MSL London, said: 'The pharmaceutical industry has been transformed during the past five years, and the acquisition of Schwartz and merging of the teams has allowed us to create an offering in this growth area.'
The agency has only focused on consumer healthcare since 2010 and Schwartz's ten-strong team of biotech, e-health medical technology and pharma experts has provided a 'holistic approach to health PR', according to Hayhurst.
Since the acquisition, the agency has won business from industry giant GlaxoSmithKline, with a pharma brief to promote new cancer drug Votrient. It has also been appointed by hearing implant firm Cochlear and provided digital and strategic planning services for existing client Randox Laboratories.
Hayhurst, who has more than 30 years' experience in healthcare PR, said: 'I don't think you would find many agencies that have such a well-balanced offering. I am looking forward to using this as a driver for growing MSL's healthcare credentials both nationally and globally.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...