MagazineCloner launches magazine newsstand for Facebook
Publishing services company MagazineCloner claims to have launched the first magazine newsstand app for Facebook.
MagazineCloner: launches newsstand app for Facebook
The app contains all the magazines featured on MagazineCloner's existing online newsstand, Pocketmags.
Pocketmags enables Facebook users to purchase, read and recommend digital magazines, without having to leave the social networking site. Single issues and subscriptions can be purchased with Facebook credits.
Users can link purchased issues to a full Pocketmags account, which allows them to read magazines on whichever platform is convenient to them.
Patrick Knight, MagazineCloner's strategic development director, said: "The Facebook app is the first of a number of exciting launches that will further improve customer engagement and awareness of our publishers' content."
Complimentary and sample issues of some of Pocketmags' top-grossing titles are available via the app, including Attitude, Superbike and GoodHomes.
Other innovations in the magazine sector were recently reviewed in the latest Fipp report.
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Stunning Digital Director - Top Media Agency Ultimate Asset £60000 - £63000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £80K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- Digital Strategist - Growth & Innovation Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection Highly competitive, Central London